Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gangs in the Bay Area

I noticed it about a week ago. People have started wearing their colors. Hipster on a fixie wearing green and red. South American brothers in Adidas Sambas wearing yellow and green. Chicanos all over the place wearing green and white or black and green. Brits in all whites or all reds.

The mob up has begun, take your sides, choose your loyalty.

Seeing it so out in the open, so in my face, makes me want to stick my chest out. So I do...for my colors.
I know the rolling eyes, the snickers that come with my affiliation. You see, my gang ain't as cool as theirs.
I understand why, but I don't care. They are my people. They are my underdogs, and I'm right there underdogging it with 'em. My colors vary from red to blue to graphite to white, but the shield stays the same.

Time to show your colors.

No comments: