Saturday, January 30, 2016

But that's none of my business

Dear Marvin,

You've done a fine job with this team. Really. The Bengals were the league joke for the longest time. Arrests, fines, losing as the standard, etc. etc. You've managed to turn the franchise around. They became division champions, playoff contenders, a team of outstanding athletes and individuals.

Yes, yes–here comes the "but".

Some of your players lost control against the Steelers, and that's on them and you. It speaks volumes that I thought it was over when the fumble happened. The Steelers were backed up on their 10 yard line, the clock was under two minutes, they had to go 60 yards, and I still thought the Bengals would find a way to lose. They got 30 on two 15 yard penalties. That's on you coach. I've never been so disappointed in a team than I was after that game. It looks like you're getting another chance at this. You have a damn good team on your hands. Teach them, drill them, don't let the other team bait you. It's only mental at this point. Show me you're smart enough to get them over the top. Please make me eat my words next time.

Oh yeah and Cincy fans? Stop throwing shit at players. You ain't Philly.

No comments: